Saturday, November 15, 2008

Songs About Life

What little I know about blogging, at least the format portion of the blog, I learned from Ashley and from trial and error, mostly error! One of my favorite things about this blog is the ability to download songs that really touch you from time to time. Music has a way of expressing your own thoughts when you can't express them yourself. I admire good song writers and one thing they all seem to have in common is plenty of life experiences. I think you need that in order to really tell a good story. Experience is the best teacher and from their experiences their songs are born. So here lately, when I have a little time, which doesn't happen often, I like to look for those songs that fit how I may be feeling. So, when you hear some of our blog music, you can get an idea of what's on our minds. Just some rambling thoughts from someone with some life experiences of his own. I think I'll go get my guitar and write a song!

2 comments:

ajphillips said...

You do have some GREAT songs loaded...I may have to leave your blog open today and listen!

Jeremy Phillips said...

I told Jeremy this week that he better brush off his mandolin and start practicing for our trip to TX, since you're writing songs now!