Thursday, July 16, 2009

Birthday Wishes to the Mrs.



My beautiful wife had a birthday last week, on July 11 to be exact. She turned...., well, lets just say that she turned another day older!! But, to me, she's not getting older, only better! Beverly is an amazing person, wife, mother, grandmother and friend. She continues to put others before herself. I hope that I learn to appreciate that trait more fully and I suspect that others see it in her life as well.

For her birthday, she chose not some big birthday get away, but to have her aging parents down for the day as well as our daughter and our grand children. It was a full day filled with visiting and eating. Eating calls for cooking, so a lot of her birthday was spent preparing meals. Not too exciting, but it was good to have as many here as possible. The boys were out of pocket, but they called her and wished her their best!

Here are 5 things I like about Beverly (it's hard to come up with your Top 5 things because there so many!):

1. She is a Godly woman that wants and tries to put God first in her life.

2. Beverly is a beauty, inside and out. She likes to see the good in people.

3. She loves to go 4-wheeling in the Jeep especially in Colorado
over some pretty wild places. She has a great sense of adventure.

4. She is a great mother and grand mother. She is a hard worker, too!

5. Beverly continues to love me even when I don't deserve it.

Happy Birthday to my best friend! I love you. Here are a few pictures that I like of her (some you may have seen before, but I like them). I know she won't like any of them, but, hey, I'm the one doing the post! I couldn't find the song "You're My Best Friend" by Don Williams so "Till the rivers Run Dry" will have to do.





4 comments:

ajphillips said...

Happy Birthday again. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you all. We love you and know what a wonderful person you are. We are all so lucky to have you in our lives. Love you Mom! Jordan & Ashley

Glenna said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BEVERLY.

Smile said...

Happy belated Birthday Beverly!! I'm glad to see you guys have a blog. I'm not too grand at mine, but you are more than welcome to follow. I miss you and Danny and hope you are doing well. I'm sorry to hear about the loss. I hope to see you soon.:)

Whitney said...

Very sweet! Sounds like it was a great day!