Sunday, April 12, 2009

Another Sister, Another Birthday!


Although it may not seem like it lately, I do occasionally blog about things other than birthdays! It's just that three of my siblings have birthdays in the first three months of the year unlike my personal family where there are seven birthdays in the span of about a month. But April 12 is my sister Brenda's birthday and I want to wish her the best birthday ever.

Brenda is an older sister and therefore was "in charge" a lot when we were growing up. Being in charge carries with it certain responsibilities but also certain privileges. I would have to say she rarely overextended her authority and we got along pretty well as far as I can remember. I do carry one battle scar, however. I have a scar down my back (although it has faded with time) of an encounter with her fingernail, probably gotten as I tried to escape following some wrong doing on my part!

I guess all of us kids are known for some trait that we exhibit in our lives. Brenda, as we all know is the "clean queen." You could eat from her floors and not be concerned. The floor would be as clean as her plates! She vacuums everything; the carpet, her sheets, even her refrigerator! We even accuse her of cleaning her baseboards with a toothbrush.

Brenda also loves to sing when we get together as a family. She likes to learn new songs and has introduced me to some really good ones, especially "Glory Land." Her only fault as far as I can see is that she is an Okie but I think her heart is still in Texas. She was born on an Easter Sunday so I hope you've had a good Easter. Happy Birthday Brenda and many, many more!

No comments: