Sunday, April 13, 2014

Old Friends

Some things, you have to believe happen for a reason.  You know the kind of moment I'm talking about? It's like there's a voice somewhere in your head or maybe from above telling you "Go ahead. Do it. You won't be sorry!".  So it was with Beverly about two years ago when she was looking through some of her high school class reunion papers. She had gone to a few of her reunions and still is interested in knowing what's going on.

For years, every Halloween Beverly would tell me that it was Glyneth's birthday. She would wonder where she was and what she was doing.  But, it wasn't until she came across her email address that she decided to email who once was her best friend.  They had lost contact with each other after school and had, as often happens, gone their separate ways.  They really had not seen or talked to each other in almost 40 years.

The result of that email has been wonderful.  Beverly and Glyneth have now rekindled that friendship and lets just say I'm glad we have unlimited texting and phone plans!  They have been able to catch up on so much and have come to realize that they are indeed best friends forever! They can talk for hours, laughing and giggling like, well, high school girls!

Their friendship reminds me of some of the lyrics to one of my favorite Willie Nelson and Roger Miller songs, Old Friends.

"Lord when all my work is done, Bless my life and grant me one, old friend, yes old friend".  Oh, I wish that for all of us.

No comments: