Sunday, April 5, 2020

A Little Cattle Working

I'm not a cowboy but I have been around cattle a lot as a part of my past profession.  But when my friend Buddy Lane invited Bev and me out to their spring cattle working, we were all in.  Now, I didn't work any cattle myself, but it was impressive to see the real deals work cattle the old cowboy way.  Buddy, his son Cody and a group of real working cowboys came together to get the spring branding, castration, and vaccinating done on a ranch just west of town.

I got to talk to Buddy's ninety plus year old Dad and meet the famous cowboy Ty Murray, nine time world champion PRCA cowboy.  In real life he is just a polite, down to earth guy that goes about his life like we all do.  We had a great meal and it was an honor to be included!

Rope em, drag em and work em.... the old, authentic way!

Our friend Buddy, in the vest, invited us to the working.

Cody getting this calf taken care of quickly!

Getting ready for the next bunch,

Ty Murray isn't just a professional cowboy in the arena, he's the real deal in person.

Will and Ace getting ready for lunch.

Talking over the morning's work and taking a break before the work begins again.


No comments: